Thursday, December 8, 2011

Class Reflections

     I have noticed a pretty significant change in my writing over the term. At beginning of the semester, I looked at the syllabus and had no clue how I would write about any of the prompts, or meet any of the page requirements. I was never taught to write anything more than a 5 paragraph essay in high school, so the length was a major concern for me. It was difficult at times, but in the end I figured it out.
     I have noticed that I am much better at description now. In my first paper I struggled with it, and as each paper as passed I feel a little more confident about it. I have become better at showing, and not telling as well. I do admit this is something I need more work on. I now have a better understanding of what showing means, and what it looks like, I just have to apply is better. I now also understand how to synthesis things much better. I had little to no knowledge of how to do that before, and now I get it much better. I think that will be an important tool in business school. Being able to take multiple sources, analyze them, and interpret them, is a great skill to have. I am looking forward to applying the skills I learned in English 125, and applying them to my schooling and career in the future.
     As far as future things to work on, I know I need to improve on the "so what" of my papers, and my showing. Both of these are important pieces of a paper. I have read some pretty good examples of both of these during the term, so I know what it should look like. Now the key is applying it to my own writing. I think I have learned some great skills in this class, and I am looking forward to applying these skills in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment